Thread: The module regsvr32 initpki.dll failed to load.

The module regsvr32 initpki.dll failed to load.

I have newly installed Windows Vista on an old pc that was previously having windows xp on it with same modem and router. I have unticked the IM in the exception list in the firewall settings of Vista. But when I go into tools >> options >> connections, here i get an error that says "You are connected to the internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. The Windows Firewall is enabled." The trouble shooter is also greyed out and therefore i cant run it. When i contacted the support team they told me to register the below serurity dll files in the command prompt:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll

But later on I got some errors which are stated below:
    The module regsvr32 initpki.dll failed to load.
    The module regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll failed to load.
    The module regsvr32 slbcsp.dll failed to load.
    The module regsvr32 sccbase.dll failed to load.

Now i am clueless and dont know what should i do, any ideas?

Re: The module “regsvr32 initpki.dll ” failed to load.

Actually only in Windows XP this kind of files such as the initpki.dll, gpkcsp.dll, slbcsp.dll, and sccbase.dll exist, they dont exist in Windows Vista and therefore you are getting the error. But in any case I want you to perform a SFC Scan by following the below method and check if it works for you:

• First of all you need to click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
    • After that type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow
    • Now you will see a message that will appear stating 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
    • After that if any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
    • Next check to see if everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
    • Lastly the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

You can even try to do a System Restore and see if that helps, to do the same please follow the below method:

1. You need to first close all open files and close all open programs.
    2. After that just click Start; click All Programs; click Accessories; click System Tools; and click System Restore. The System Restore user interface should appear and click Next.
    3. Once you reach this area, from the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point before problem occurs and click Next.
    4. Now you have to click Next again. The restore process will run and your system will restart automatically.