Thread: Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 freezes up

Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 freezes up

First time I decided to go with Toshiba brand and bought a Satellite A215 laptop with Windows Vista pre loaded. When I started it after coming home, in less than a hour the laptop started freezing badly. By badly I mean, it was completely blank with black screen. The only way to get it back on desktop was to hard reboot by holding down the power button. I used it for about 3 hours and faced this problem more than 30 times. Hence to it back right away and got replaced with new one.

Surprisingly the same thing happened with the new laptop as well after coming home. I don’t know if there is something INCOMPATIBLE in my home. Any idea what could be the problem?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 freezes up

Did you checked the laptops in store, and were they working fine? If yes, after coming home did you installed any thing on your laptop ? If yes, than that is causing the problem. The application you are trying to install might be incompatible that is freezing the system completely. Just try uninstalling the same. And if you are trying to move any data from your external drives to this laptop than better scan the drive first, I guess there would be any virus.

Most of the times such problem occurs due to airflow. You must check for the same on your Satellite A215 whether they have enough space for airflow. Also check if your fan spins properly. On my models the airflow use to be in the bottom of the laptops and if you place them on a surface that blocks the same, freezing or any such weird problem rises. You must take care of all these things because due to overheating issues CPU throttling starts and due to this black/black screen appears.

Yeah, even I feel so. If you are placing the laptop of a cushioned surface, blocking the cooling fan underneath, avoid it. Keep it in such way that the air should pass and keeps your CPU cool.

If there is any other problem you should probably call Toshiba for assistance.