Thread: windows media player (Vista) won't open

windows media player (Vista) won't open

Started facing a strange problem. Am running windows vista on desktop. Everything is working fine but when I try to open Windows Media Player, nothing happens and it wont open. Same happen when I right click any media file and select it to open with media player.

Any suggestion what is going on ?

Re: windows media player (Vista) won't open

Can you please tell if you are getting error ? or what exactly happens when you double click on Windows media player from start menu ?

Also try opening the same by typing wmplayer.exe into the search box above the Start Orb and press enter.

Let me know what happens?

Will suggest you to try out two things. First go to C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player folder and double click on wmplayer.exe. See what happens. If it wont open than right click on Desktop, click task manager, go to process tab. Now here look for any process named wmplayer.exe is running.

If it is there, simply kill it and now try starting the media player again. It should start now.

Thanks for the suggestion Tanvir and sorry for replying in such a old thread. I’m too facing the same problem but as per your instructions when I got to task manager > Process, I don’t see any media player process running. Though I kill all unrequited process and try opening media player, it still wont open. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.