Thread: Windows Vista stuck on Deleting large files

Windows Vista stuck on Deleting large files

I need some help to deal with Vista issue. I was having a set of video files. I deleted them. When I hit the delete button Vista ask for confirmation. After clicking on OK, it stuck on the small box which shows calculating time. I thought this would get finished in few minutes. But ever after 20mins the issue was same. The file is still not deleted. Is this a kind of virus issue. Thanks.

Try to hit shift + delete and then see whether it is removed or not. If the file is too large it takes time to delete completely. Also this happen if there is problem with slow disc. There are some hotfix provided by Microsoft for Windows Vista. This hotfix are capable of fixing the problem of deleting large files.

Having the same problem. But it applies to moving files from one hard drive to another, both which are located on my local PC.

After a few (i.e. 1 to 3) sucessful transfers, the "calculating time remaining" stays forever. Canceling it results in the "cancelling" window staying up forever. The only thing that "fixes" it is a reboot of my machine.

All my hardware is relatively new (Q6600, WD sata drives, Vista-64 ultimate, 4 Gigs RAM, P35 motherboard etc).