Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

2.5 Mins of Prefetching at Windows Startup

Windows Vista Performance

Old 16-06-2007

2.5 Mins of Prefetching at Windows Startup

As my title says my system halts up on start. It takes around 2.5 minutes until prefetching is working. It makes the start time a bit slower. I need some help to find how can restrict this. I can see a series of svhost.exe files. I need some help by which I can restrict the files and ensure a better boot time.

Old 16-06-2007

You can modify the same by settings cpu priority to that application. This might help you to give a more better boot time, but that is only limited to multi-core cpu's. You can check the startup. What all things are loaded. You can try getting rid of them to make the system work a bit properly.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: , ,