Thread: Very slow internet browsing

Very slow internet browsing

For testing the new operating system I have installed Windows Vista RC1 on machines in my office. installation was fine and computer is working good but there is huge problem with internet speed on both of these systems. Let me tell you that I have 4 PCs connected on same 2MBPS broadband connection. Internet is working fine on rest of the 2 PCs that are running with Windows XP. But when I load the same sites on any of the Vista based systems, they just wont open or load half and stop. The speed is incredibly slow. I mean it takes upto 2 minutes to load Google’s home page on 2mbps line.

I checked Lan settings under Internet Option, I’ve left the box unchecked for “Automatically detect settings”, also turned off Phishing filter, protected mode, java and activex as well but still the internet wont work properly.

Any idea what could be the problem and how it can be solved.

RE: Very slow internet browsing

Its not just you friend, even I’m facing the same problem on my Vista. Me and my friend (neighbor) are having 2mbps connections each, but when I open any page (Microsoft.com) it takes ages to load the page that also not 100%. But when I load the same page on his PC running with Win2003, it took hardly 15 seconds to load 100%. One surprising thing I found on my system is I cannot open Google.com or Yahoo.com. That mean I cannot open an search engine.

However am not a pro in computers but I tried to fix the problem by disabling UAC, added particular websites to trusted list, disabled firewall, etc but nothing helped. Let me know If you get some fix for the same.

Re: Very slow internet browsing

It has been quite common problem with Windows Vista so far. Not just you two guys there are many more people faced the same, including me. BTW, you can fix it by turning Off TLS encryption by going to Internet Options > advanced tab. And later Turn On SSL 2.0. This will fix some secure pages.

Re: Very slow internet browsing

Many times most of the websites/pages wont load in Windows Vista (beta2) due to improper response from web servers to the tcp autotuning feature that is enabled by default. In order to fix this and to get access to those sites, you need to turn off network auto tuning. Here is the command for the same:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

That’s it. Now check your browsers, page should open properly.

Thats a great one buddy. I wasted my whole weak troubleshooting the same but wasn't able to get the hell out of it. Finally tried your command and everything seems to be sorted out.

Appreciated.