Thread: Vista working very slow

Vista working very slow

Hi, I don’t know what’s’ wrong with my brand new Lenovo Y500 (Intel(R) CPU T2060 @ 1.60GHz, 1Gb RAM, 10Gb space left in the partition) running with Windows Vista Home basic. While purchasing the same I paid extra and upgraded the default 512 RAM to 1GB. It worked good for about 2 days and since than laptop has gone too slow. It works slow itself even am running light applications like Mail. It takes about 30 seconds to open the compose page. Same thing happens with other applications as well.

I tried getting some help from Lenovo team but they say I must contact Microsoft for the same as this is the software problem. And when I tried contacting Microsoft their phones numbers and email IDs wont work. Can you guys help me out.

Did you checked the laptop performance before upgrading the RAM to 1GB ? Was it working good before ? Many times such problem occurs because of faulty or incompatible RAM stick as well. You should check out for the same as well. Better get it checked from the service center guys, don’t try yourself as it will avoid the warranty.

Other than this I’ll suggest you to turn off your Aero and other graphical features and see if it works because all these things uses pretty good CPU resources. You can do this by going to my computer properties, System proepties, Advance tab, click settings under Performance section, and select the option “Adjust for best performance”. Press OK and see if the system speedup.

Re: Vista working very slow

I think the problem could be with your hard drive. As you have mentioned just 10Gb Space is left, that is too small for giving performance on operating system like Vista. Its just not enough to run Vista properly. If we compared XP or any windows with Vista, this is the one that uses HDD more than any other operating system.

You should check out your drive and see what all stuffs are eating up your space. You should probably delete few system restore points. They use to consume too much space. Run Disk Cleanup and free up some space.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, i have called up the lenovo technician. He will come tomorrow. i'll see what all i can do.