Thread: Vista freezing problems

Vista freezing problems

Started getting weird problems with the newly installed Windows Vista on self assembled desktop with Athlon x2 3200 with nvidia Geforce 9600. While doing anything my system gets locked itself completely. I cannot do anything, nor even Ctrl+Alt+Del works. The only way to get out of here is to reboot the computer. Just as a stats, the number of times I have rebooted vista is much higher than I rebooted windows XP in last four years.

I don’t think the problem is with my hardware or so because my CPu temperature remains around 40 degrees. All rest of the things are proper as well. Many times I also get Bluescreen with (Kernal_Date_Inpage_Error) as well as Stop error number was : 0x0000007E, 0xC0000006, 0x94745930, 0x9474562C).

Can someone me suggest me some working solution ?

Re: Vista freezing problems

As far as Ctrl+Del+Alt is concerned, you have alternative as Ctrl+Del+Esc key to bring up the task manager. And as far as the error codes are concerned, the best I can say is to Google the error codes + Vista and see if you get any solution.

RE: Vista freezing problems

Even I doubt your hardware for the problem. As you said you assembled this PC, could tell me how many watts your power supply is? Because most of new graphics card releasing now a days requires higher power watts, probably they need upto 350 to 400 watts.

Also this could be one of the reason for BlueScreen on your system.

Re: Vista freezing problems

Sorry to jump in a year old thread but am facing a similar problem with Vista 64bit. Every time I start the system, I use to get an icon in the system tray like Globe Icon and it freezes the entire system. It wont allow me to do anything, no alt+tab works, no menu, no Start menu, nothing. My system is updated with all recent Windows updates. Hope anyone can help me out.