Thread: Cannot install ATI drivers or Catalyst Control Center

Cannot install ATI drivers or Catalyst Control Center on Vista

I am not able to install Catalyst Control Center on Vista. I had just upgraded to Vista. I formatted the system and this is a fresh installation. When I try to install Control Center nothing happens. Also it is not installing new drivers. I am using ATi Radeon 200M gpu on my system. I downloaded the fresh setup from official website. Does Catalyst Control Center doesn't support Vista.

Re: Cannot install ATI drivers or Catalyst Control Center

Try the new version. I think you had downloaded a older version due to which you face this issue. If you can find the most latest version then it will be quiet better for you. Or else it will be more complicated to install it. Vista is not stable in terms of drivers. You will need to find Vista specific drivers only, or it will be useless to run the setup. There are some set of driver upgrade packages that you can go for.

I am having a Gateway laptop which has the same graphic card. I was too facing issue with driver installation. I downloaded Catalyst Control Center from AMD site which did not worked. Later on I downloaded some fresh drivers from the laptop manufacturer's official support and it worked. So you have to do the same. Go to the systems website and download drivers from there.

I have the same problem with the CCC and catalyst... i format too my laptop and nothing... i try installing the Mobility Modder, but isnt work.. :( ... and.. i have the same hardware i think, Xpress 200M, Windows Vista ultimate

The problem lies with invalid driver edition. I never face this kind of issue on XP, but as I had migrated to Vista I am struggling to get the right resolution. I had also tested different edition of drivers. But later on found the right on manufacturer's website.