Thread: How do you restore files from an incomplete/corrupt Vista backup

How do you restore files from an incomplete/corrupt Vista backup

I am running windows vista Business on a desktop with Asus P5LDT-TVM board (Intel 945G chipset) with a Dual Core (PD-935)3Ghz CPU, 512Mb (DDR2-667) RAM & 80Gb SATA 7200rpm HDD. Since last couple of weeks my Vista was going slower day by day. Tried various things to speed it up like tweaking virtue mem, removed antivirus, disabled Aero themes, but when nothing helped, I just reinstalled it. Well I know my RAM bit low for Vista but there is one more desktop with exactly the same configuration and is running very fine.

Now the problem is before re-installing the vista I have taken the backup but don’t know how it is corrupted. When I try restoring the files, system recognize it as a invalid backup. Now it is very necessary for me to restore this backup as it contains very important things. Somebody please suggest me some way to anyhow force vista to restore this backup. Thank you.

Re: How do you restore files from an incomplete/corrupt Vista backup

I think your backup doesn’t have the mediaid.bin file. This is what serves as the backup label. If the system is unable to fix this file, it will tell it as invalid. That’s really sad to hear that you are about to lost your backup but don’t worry, hope someone will be aware of any method to use such corrupted backups.

If Mediaid.bin is the problem that there are very chances of making it work because that is the main part of the backup set. Also there is no possible way to fake a Mediaid.bin file.

actually my pc was corrupted so got it formatted n b4 formatting i took a back up so now when everything's fine if i'll restore the back up of that corrupted pc will it again get corrupt

Can i know which program did you use to do the backup ?