Thread: Logon Process Initialization Failure

Logon Process Initialization Failure

I am using Windows Vista business on my Compaq Presario V3000 laptop. It was running great since past couple of months but today morning suddenly don’t know what went wrong my laptop freezed completely. After few minutes, anyhow I was able to open Task Manager. I saw few programs there listed as Not Responding, I simply ended those programs but since then this is the error am getting frequently:

"Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."

I thought restarting the system could fix the problem but I was wrong because it was not even restarting normally, I required to do hard reboot by pressing the down power button for few seconds. Later when it restarted, I wa sonly able to see a BLACK screen with the same error again.

Any help please ? I don’t have any idea what I should do to fix the problem.

RE: Logon Process Initialization Failure

Same error on my Vista Home Premium as well. In my case it was all of a suddenly. Yesterday evening I turned off my laptop which was working fine and today morning when I started the same back, I got the error: “Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.”

There is an OK button on the error, when I click the same, it goes away but comes back again after 4 to 5 seconds. I tried to find out the problem by loggin into Safe Mode but unfortunately I was getting the same error there as well. Any idea what could be the problem ?

Re: Logon Process Initialization Failure

I think you guys should restore your system to any previous point in different way to get rid of this problem. To do this, you need to boot into Advanced Boot Menu by tapping F8 while restarting the system. This will take you to the boot options (where you select safe mode), just select the Advanced Boot Menu from the list of options and press Enter. Once you got the new window press enter on 'Repair Your Computer'. Select your preferred language, choose your User name (by default it will say administrator). If you have set any password, type the same and click on 'System Restore' and take the system back to a previous date.

Re: Logon Process Initialization Failure

SOLUTION: Best guess is that new files were mis-installed so you gorked the system. This can happen with an upgrade or updating Windows, for instance if you shut off the system while new critical files are being installed. The solution is to go to the most recent restore point and restore the system to that last-known working configuration. Fortunately Microsoft usually or always creates a restore point before installing updates, for just such an occasion.

For my system (an HP laptop with Windows 7) I could press f8 when the system first starts is booting and it presents the a screen of options, one is the utility "Repair Windows." "Repair Windows" then presents a screen several options, Restore is one of them (you can try some others if you want, I did but it only helped when I went to Restore). Find the most recent restore point and restore the system.

When the system is restored reinstall whatever screwed up and caused the problem, Windows Update, an upgrade, whatever.