Thread: How to clean up Recovery Partition and Add more space

How to clean up Recovery Partition and Add more space

I have a Dell system. There is a Recovery Partition. It gives me error always that it is out of space. I had copied some data in it. Because at the time of restoration all will be wiped out except the recovery partition. I need some help to clean it up so that I can avoid the notification of low space. I can wipe out some files from Recovery partition and simply utilize any additional space in it. Thanks.

It will advice you not to touch any thing in recovery partition. It would be risky to make changes in that. The files stored in recovery partition are sensitive and they contain important Windows file. It would be not easy for you to locate them back in case of error. Also it contains your original Windows. Better shrink your existing partition or purchase a external hard drive for data backup. You can create recovery dvd's if you do not want and then wipe out the partitions.

I will too warn you. Avoid making changes to the recovery partition. It would be no easy task. You can only try to use disk cleanup. That is the only best option available that can help you to protect your data. Recovery partition helps you to ensure quick restoration in case of major crash. So it is like your system rescue partition. So avoid making any changes to the same or you might face major problem.