Thread: Change Partition size

Change Partition size

Hey guys,

Need some urgent help from you all. I am having two partitions on my system, that is C with 76GB and D with 30. Now as my C drive has got almost full and started getting low space error, I reduced the size of D drive and made it to 15GB assuming those 15Gb will be added to C drive automatically but it is kept un allocated in side.

Request you guys to please let me know how can I add the same in my C drive ? Thank you.

Re: Change Partition size

Just go to Start Menu, type Computer Management and press Enter. Here on the left pane select Disk management. Right click C drive and select Extend Volume. Follow the onscreen instructions and at a stage it asks for the extra space, point to the unallocated space. Now continue and it should be done.

Re: Change Partition size

As far as I know this cannot be done using the Vista’s default disk management tool. You will need a thirdparty tool, probably Acronis' Disk Manager or terabyteunlimited's BootIT NG.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try doing it with the default computer management disk tool and if that wont work, will definitely give a try to Acronis. i too have heard about this before. Will let you know the results.