Thread: Error while clicking on icon in Sidebar on Windows Vista

Error while clicking on icon in Sidebar on Windows Vista

I am getting error when I try to launch something through side bar. I contacted Microsoft for that, but they replied no solution. I am sure there are people who are facing the same kind of issue. They mailed me some resources that have some solution, but it does not helped much. Does there is a way by which we can re-install the side bar in Vista.

I think by cleaning system registry the error will be fix. Some recent updates or changes might be causing the problem. There are number of registry cleaners that you can go for. There is no option available in Vista by which you can re-install the sidebar. If you are getting error then you can try system restore. It will help you to getting old settings, but there is no guarantee that it works. Registry cleaner will help you to wipe out old invalid keys which are cause of a number of issues in Vista.

I am getting destination.msi missing error on startup. It is somewhat related to the sidebar. I thought there will be some way to replace it. But somehow we cannot access those files. I am still trying to find a appropriate solution for the same. I tried to find the download of this file on web. But it is not available. It looks Microsoft itself does not provide any download for destination.msi. Later on my friend suggested me to use a cleanup tool for this process. I am using Windows Install Clean Up. This utility to wipe out the unneeded stuff in your system.

Run Windows Update. That can help you to locate some missing files. I had disable sidebar. Because it is useless. I faced number of issue with sidebar. I am using a third party driver now. It is quiet better and easy to use also.