Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Corrupt registry repair

Windows Vista Performance

Old 23-03-2009

Corrupt registry repair

Hi, I am having some query regarding my brother?s laptop running with Windows Vista. It was working fine but suddenly don?t know what went wrong, it is now no more able to load the hive (file) ?\systemroot\system32\config\SOFTWARE...? Also it is not able to repair the system itself. I thought could be fixed by restoring the system to earlier point, but surprisingly there is no Restore Point on my system.

Hence I need help from you all guys. I hope there would be some registry tweak that can help me out fixing this problem ? Somebody please help.

Old 24-03-2009

RE: Corrupt registry repair

Hey buddy, there is nothing to worry. Just go to the \windows\system32\config\regback folder and you find the backup copies of the files here. So you can simply replace the config files from these. Rename the ones in the \windows\system32\config folder first and change the directory so you are in the \windows\system32 folder
ren system system.bak
ren software software.bak
ren sam sam.bak
ren security security.bak

Then
copy c:\windows\system32\config\regback\system
copy c:\windows\system32\config\regback\software
copy c:\windows\system32\config\regback\sam
copy c:\windows\system32\config\regback\security
Old 26-03-2009

RE: Corrupt registry repair

Hello rowanld,

Can I know what is the size of the c:\windows\system32\config folder? Meanwhile I would also like to say that incase the registry file and backup files are corrupted then options are limited. In such situations you need to re-install Vista again. Only the better you can do is if you have created a Window backup than restore the OS.
Old 29-12-2010

I think you should take help of any registry repair software to repair your corrupt registries. Though those are third party applications but they are very useful and effective. Also it doesn?t needs any expertise to run those application.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: , , ,