Thread: Can't exit Power saving mode

Can't exit Power saving mode

I bought a new Dell XPS420 desktop that came with Windows Vista pre-installed. I started getting a very strange problem on this system right from the 4th day of its purchase. It is related to the Power saving mode. My system goes into power saving mode though am using the PC. Like if am browsing internet with active keyboard and mouse and the black screen appears itself saying entering power saving mode. That is very annoying. And the worst part is that it won’t come up to normal by moving the mouse or pressing keys on keyboard or anything.

The only way you get your screen back is to Hard Reboot the computer by holding the power button for 5 seconds and then restart it again. As a fix I have tried setting the power saver mode to “OFF” but that doesn’t works. Later I even changed the setting in BIOS but still the same problem. Can anyone of you please let me know whats the problem and what is the possible fix for the same ? I don’t want to call Dell technical support because they will take time to fix and I don’t have so much of time to waste on them.

Please help.

Re: Can't exit Power saving mode

I think you will need to call Dell folks itself because it sounds like any hardware failure and if you try doing anything in the cabinet that will avoid the warranty. And every time you will need to fix it yourself.

Re: Can't exit Power saving mode

Yeah, that’s absolutely correct dude. As you said you tried setting power save Off even Bios and still getting the problem its the hardware failure. You should get it done officialy by dell support but if still you want to do it yourself, than here is how to do the same:

• Open the Cabinet and remove Cmos, RAM, Graphic Card.
    • Wait for about 10 minutes and than reseat Graphic Card and RAM back to their places.
    • Don’t put the CMOS.
    • Start the computer. Hopefully you wont be getting the power saver message again.
    • Now turn off the system, reseat the CMOS back to its place and restart the computer.

That’s it. You are done.