Thread: Vista crashes when waking up from hibernate/sleep

Vista crashes when waking up from hibernate/sleep

Am using MSI laptop with pretty good config such as 2 gb of ram, an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT w/512 mb of dedicated VRAM, Realtek HD Audio and a Bluetooth Mouse. Using Vista Home Premium SP1 on the same. As far as security is concerned, I use AVG keeps crashing every now and then with unknown reason. Now the problem am facing is my Vista crashes every time when I try to wake it up from Sleep mode or Hibernation. Instead of getting the desktop I directly get BSOD with the following error:

STOP: 0 X 0000007E (0 X 0000005, 0 X 00000000, 0 X 8C32FC54, 0 X 8C32F950)
    So far I have tried various stuffs to get it fixed such as disabling startup programs, update BIOS, changed settings, scanned the system completely with updated Norton antivirus, applied various HOTFIXES and patches, performed windows update, ran registry optimizer, upgraded all windows drivers and many more things but nothing worked. Still facing the same problem.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem ?

Re: Vista crashes when waking up from hibernate/sleep

Not sure it will work for you but here is what want to suggest. First of all download Driver Sweeper from web and install. Now go to Device Manager and uninstall all your video drivers. Once done, restart the laptop and boot into safe mode. Now run the Driver Sweeper. This will help you analyze which drivers you actually need to install on your system. Also it will remove all unwanted and left over files from your system to optimize and fix the problems. Once done, install the fresh drivers and hopefully your problem should be fixed.

Thanks for your help Illeana but that dint worked for me. As per your instruction, deleted my drivers, installed Driver Sweeper, booted in Safemode and done everything you said. But still getting the Blue Screen while waking up the system. There as a guy on another forum who also suggested me to disable Speed Step. I did the same that too dint worked.

Any other working suggestions ? Thanks again for your helps.

I had the same problem with Vista just couple of weeks ago. It use to crash only while using power saving features, similar to you. Even I tried various fixes launched by Microsoft but nothing helped.

At last the only choice was to reformat the system and install it again. I took all my data to external drive and re-installed Vista with complete hard drive format. Since then, its been a week I never got the bluescreen again and sleep/hibernation is also working fine. I think you also have the same choice left.