Thread: Vista screensaver doesn't work but I DON'T HAVE WIRELESS DEVICES

Vista screensaver doesn't work but I DON'T HAVE WIRELESS DEVICES

I am using Windows Vista on Dell laptop. Don’t know what is wrong with my system ScreenSaver never activates on this pc. Even when I try to preview screensaver, it just come up for a second and disappears. I searched for solution over internet for hours but nothing worked. Even deleting ehtray.exe dint worked for me.

Do anyone of you have any knowledge of this issue? Is there any way we can fix it out ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Vista screensaver doesn't work but I DON'T HAVE WIRELESS DEVICES

Well jesspang I faced this problem just last week. After doing many searches I finally got to know that formatting system with Service Pack 1 will fix the problem. I did the same and was happy to see that my screen savers started working.

But yesterday night after Windows updates got installed automatically again the same problem got enabled. Windows updates screwed up everything.

Now neither screensaver works, nor sleep mode.

Re: Vista screensaver doesn't work but I DON'T HAVE WIRELESS DEVICES

Did you guys found any permanent solution for the same? If yes, please share as I too getting the same problem with Windows Vista SP1 on Dell laptop. Similar to you guys even I deleted ehtray.exe but that dint helped also I don’t have any wireless mouse/keyboard connected with the same. Another issue I noticed is that my screen wont get turned off even after closing the lid.

I don’t think Microsoft is gonna do anything about this, we our self need to find out any permanent solution for the same.
    Last edited by jodybrai; 25-02-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Additional information

I don’t know what could be the permanent solution but I managed to fix my problem by re-installing Vista again and installing the latest version of synaptics drivers (for the touch pad). I guess this was the source of the problem as its been now 4 days and I dint faced the problem again.