Thread: Dell Support Center is Corrupted

Dell Support Center is Corrupted

Am not talking about the dell customer care, but am talking about the dell laptop. It is Dell XPS M1530 running with windows Vista Ultimate. Today when I started my laptop I got an error immediately as soon as I reached the desktop saying “sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file” following with “The file or directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

As a troubleshooting I tried running CHKDSK but that dint helped me with this. I though System restore can do it but am just not having rights to restore my system though I’m the only Administrator of this computer. Have anyone else came through these errors before ?

Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted

I think you need to stop sprtcmd.exe from stating with the computer. You can do this by typing ‘msconfig’ in the Vista Start filed, press enter. Go to StartUp Tab. Here search and locate for sprtcmd box and uncheck. Click Apply > Ok and restart the laptop. Hopefully you wont be getting the problem any more.

BTW, had you installed any update from Dell recently ?

Talking about Dell support center software, I think you should uninstall the same and reinstall it again. It can be uninstall easily and later you can download it again from Dell support site.

If you have any problem searching for the same, you can simply click here to download Dell Support Center (DCM).