Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can I play a Wav file from batch/cmd script?

Windows Vista Performance

Old 11-09-2008

How can I play a Wav file from batch/cmd script?

Hello friends, am I need of small help from you all. I?m using Windows Vista 32 bit and trying to play few wave files thought command scripts likes I use to do earlier in Windows 98 and Windows NT. But seems like it wont work in Vista.

Do you guys have any knowledge about the same? Please let me know if it can be done in Vista as well, if yes, tell me how? Thanks a lot.

Old 11-09-2008

Re: How can I play a Wav file from batch/cmd script?

If am not wrong, by the term Command Script, do you mean Command line? If yes, than you can do it in Vista as well and it works fine. Here is how you can do the same. Just run the following command:

<audio_program> /play /close <file>

This stands for (for example): %ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /play /close C:\music\1.wav

Let me know if you face any problem.
Old 11-09-2008

The best I can suggest you for the same is download Windows Media Player Classic. Install it anywhere on your system. Once done, launch it and click on Help. This will show you some commandline switches.
Old 13-09-2008

Thanks a lot guys. That sounds really useful. Will give it a try tonight and let you know the results.

Thanks
NaFula

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Performance
Tags: , ,