Thread: Audiodg.exe takes 40-50% CPU when playing games

Audiodg.exe takes 40-50% CPU when playing games

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with pretty good configuration as this is my Gaming PC. Recently I started getting problems during any game. Recently I played GTA and Counter Strike where I use to get mouse lagging, FPS use to drop very low and even sound started stuttering. After doing some workout on the same I came to know that these entire problems occurred because my CPU usage was reaching 95% to 100%.

But was unable to figure out what was causing such high usage. Hence I started the game (CS) with keeping the manager opened. Doing this I came to know that it was audiodg.exe which is eating upto 50% of the CPU alone. After reading some articles I came to know that audiodg.exe is the Vista’s built-in Audio Engine and if I kill it, it will kill my sound completely. So as troubleshooting I tried updating my Realtek drivers, sound card drivers, also disabled enhancements under Speaker Properties but none of them worked for me.

So, I request you guys to please provide some working fix for this audiodg.exe. It is just spoiling out my video games.

RE: Audiodg.exe takes 40-50% CPU when playing games

I have been struggling for the same thing since I started using Vista. By putting headphones on my ear I use to be scared of getting deaf because sometimes all of a sudden sound goes very very high. So after doing a lots of research, here is what I got that worked for me:

• Go to Start, type ‘msconfig’ and hit enter.
    • Under the opened window go to Startup programs and uncheck all entries you see related to Realtek.
    • Click ok and close this window, and right click the speaker/volume icons in the system tray near clock on desktop.
    • Go to Enhancement Tab and check mar the box for ‘disable all audio enhancements’
    • Now go back and click on recording devices.
    • Here you need to disable your Microphone.
    • Close this window and restart the computer.

That’s it. You problem should be solved now.