Thread: Can't copy large files from XP Share

Can't copy large files from XP Share

I cannot copy large files from a xp system to vista. The computers are shared on the network. But when I try to do there is a error. Sometime there is long wait time to copy files. The maximum size that works well between lan sharing is 20mb. Above that the copy just do not end. I had tried to do that through different ways, but still the problem is intact. I had disabled the antivirus an even turned off firewall. But still due to some problem the file sharing speed is very slow. The problem only lies with Vista system while on other it works well and there is no issue with file transfer. Is this a problem with the Vista system. How to improve file sharing speed among the system.

Update your lan adapter drivers. It is due to that. You can use a third party file transfer software called as TeraCopy. You can use this to move files from one location to other. I had faced the same problem between Vista and Windows Server 2003. There was some limitation imposted by Windows Server and domain policy. You can try ping the shared network and see what is the ping rate you are getting. It is high then there is some issue between the connection. Change the cable and then test the same back again.