Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer Browser Service not working

Windows Vista Network

Old 30-05-2008

Computer Browser Service not working

There are 2 computers and a Xbox connected to my network. The computers are having Windows XP and Windows Vista. In Vista network I can see that is connected somehow there is a error mark in the icon in system tray. There is a exclamation mark on that. I am not able to configure the network as per my choice. The problem only lies on Vista system while on the other it is quite working well. There is no problem in configuration on the same. I think Vista needs some different kind of settings for putting it on a common network.

Old 08-06-2008

Try to ensure that your network has a appropriate settings. Your Vista system is unable to access network due to invalid ip configuration. You can put the system on static ip and then check back. I am sure it will work fine. I got this kind of error on wan network. The reason is improper configuration. Most of time we do not touch the ip configuration but it is better to give them static ip on inside your network area.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , ,