Thread: How To Open Port

How To Open Port

I want to know a method to open ports in my computer? I normally download many things from a software called uTorrent but it tells me that I dont have any ports open? I have also turned off the Windows firewall in my computer and have played with various internet settings and security but still the same message I am getting? Can anyone help me out?

Re: How To Open Port

By any chance are you behind a router, if so then the problem has something to do with that. You will need to go through with the manual that came with the router on how to open port in your computer.

Because of some security reasons the Ports are blocked by firewalls. Actually, it is the firewall software on the computer and the NAT firewall in a router that blocks the ports. And the needed ports have to be open in the router toward the computer inorder to run the application or game. If there is a third party software firewall on the computer that runs the application or game then the ports have to be opened via the computer's firewall too.

Programs may require ports to be manually opened so that the programs work correctly when ICF is in use either on the local computer or on the gateway computer. You may have to manually open a port if there is a service that is running on a computer that has ICF enabled that you want to make available to users on the Internet. For more information, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308127