Thread: Connect vista laptop to mac wireless network

Connect vista laptop to mac wireless network

I am sharing internet connectivity at my home through mac wifi network. Everything was working fine. Later on I just restarted the wifi to ensure that all can be connected properly. I checked in Network Sharing in Vista and found no internet connected message. I tried to reconnect it but still it is not working. The wifi on the laptop is on but it is not able to identify the same. After performing troubleshoot check Vista shows that it is connected to a network. But still it is not able to access internet. I had tried a number of different things but nothing works. While the mac computers are working properly.

It is because your laptop is not getting appropriate ip address to gain internet access. Many routers or wifi network comes with auto dhcp and it offers a ip configuration to other so that the devices can share a common internet line. But if that is not working then you have to verify the settings of your mac wifi device. You can try to put the router in your TCP/IP properties as default gateway and then check back again whether it works well or not. It is not at all complicated to find a proper solution on this issue. Just check out the network settings and reconfigure all from scratch.

Once the defult gateway is put also put your ISP s DNS server IP address in the DNS Tab. this should definitly connect you with the internet. I have now done this and it worked - both my vista laptop and my XP desktop are connected to the network and the internet. I have a similar question, I'm able to connect to the wireless "airport" network and internet no problem. I have been unable to get the laptop (vista) to recognize the printer that is connected to the wireless network. Anyone have any ideas?