Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista says I'm not connected to the Internet while I am connected

Windows Vista Network

Old 18-05-2008

Vista says I'm not connected to the Internet while I am connected

This is a Windows Vista based HP laptop. I?m able to browse internet on this system, no problem. Even when I run ?ipconfig /all? command, it shows proper IP address. I also checked with online IP Lookup sites, they show the same and proper IP address. But the problem is when I check ?Network and Sharing Center?, my computer says ?I'm not onnected to the Internet.? Isn?t it surprising? Yes. Any idea what is wrong with my vista?

Old 18-05-2008

Re: Vista says I'm not connected to the Internet while I am connected

Are you connected via any router or directly via cable modem? If it is connected with Router, then let me tell you that there are few routers that wont support the Technology which Vista supports. This could be the one reason of such behavior.

You should better download Microsoft?s own ?Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool? to check your connection. It can be downloaded from here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: