Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER

Windows Vista Network

Old 18-05-2008

Installing BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium running on Dell Laptop. Yesterday I bought a new Belkin Wireless G F5D7230-4 router to create wireless network so that I can use the internet on my multiple devices. I tried configuring the router but facing problems.

When I connect the Internet cable directly to my Vista laptop, it gets recognized and internet works properly. But when I plug in the cable in router and pull a lan cable from router to laptop, I donít get any internet on laptop. Even the small network icon in the system tray says ďLimited ConnectivityĒ and keeps identifying. Also Iím not able to reach the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the browser.

I donít know what could be the reason. Am sure the router is compatible with Vista because I confirmed it before buying with Belkin. Does anyone here know what could be the problem? Am I making any mistake? Please help.

Old 18-05-2008

Re: Installing BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER

Thatís strange. BTW did you tried connecting your laptop with the router wirelessly as well as via cable both? Also are you able to ping the router if assigned static IP address? Meanwhile check these similar discussions, hope you get some help:
Old 18-05-2008

As far as unable to reach the router with 192.168.1.1 is concerned, you should try disabling Firewall, clear browser cache and try again to login. Also unplug the cable from the Modem to the router. Connect only the Router to the computer. See if it helps. If still not, then simply contact Belkin support and MAC Address cloned on the router. ISP through Cable use this MAC Address cloned.
Old 03-12-2008

Iím using Belking Wireless router since a long time and have used it with Xp, Vista as well as Linux but never had any problem. The router actually doesnít cares what is connected. Anyways, just try out doing these. First of all reset the router once. Once done, put the Belkin CD into your laptop and install the same. If it is compatible with Vista, you will get all information about the process on your screen.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , ,