Thread: how to print to a network

how to print to a network

I have recently purchased a new HP laptop that came with Vista preinstalled and amd trying to print to a network printer. This printer is connected to a desktop with XP. The laptop is able to recognize the 2 printers that is connected to the desktop computer, which is HP officejet and Dell inkjet, but it will not connect. The message that I am getting tells me that it needs a driver with INF file, but it is not able to find it. So, I got the dell drivers but it will not recognize them? I had also got a error code 0x800f0214 which I am not able to find anywhere on the microsoft site? Can anyone help?

re: how to print to a network

First of all you will need to download the correct drivers for the HP printer and the Dell printer from their official website page. After that you need to install them and then enable the File and Printer Sharing Options. By changing your network location type to private, network discovery is automatically enabled in the Sharing and Discovery section of the Network and Sharing Center window. More information can be found here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx

re: how to print to a network

Actually, I am getting a error message 'file "*.inf" on (unknown) is needed' and I am not able to fix this damn thing? Any other ideas? Thanks.

simular problem

Even I am also facing similar kind of problems and getting the error code 0x800f0214 on the hp laptop that I have that came with Vista preinstalled. I have got a HP LaserJet 3380 All-in-One Printer and I was getting this message when trying to download the recommended driver from HP. I am not able to install the driver because of the error code. Seems like there is no fix for this issue, rather than reverting back to XP.