Thread: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

In office we have a Windows 2003 Server domain, it is running five Vista business laptops. As all these are connected to the same domain and Network discovery is turned on, I am able to see on 3 laptops on the network and access them without any problem. But don’t know what is wrong with the rest of two laptops. Whenever I try accessing them, it gives me an error message saying:

“\\its not accessible.
    There are currently no logon servers available to service the login request.”

Any idea what is wrong with just these two laptops. All settings are exactly same as on the other three laptops. Even public folder sharing is turned on. But still don’t know why am getting that error.

Somebody please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..............

First of all try running the following command on any of the laptops and see if you get any system error:

Net view \\problematicvistaipaddress?

Another reason for such problem could be incorrect time and date. If your systems time mismatches with the server and not synced properly then you may get such issues. Also Make sure that the computer are created Correctly on your AD. To check and fix the same, open command prompt on your Vista laptops (which are not accessible on network) and run this command:

Net Time '\\ServerName(Your' (file://\\ServerName(Your) AD)

Re: Error:-There are currently no logon server available..........

Yes, the problem (I guess) actually appears when the time is not proper or not synced properly. I can say this because I was facing the same error couple of months ago. Somebody on this forum suggested me to correct the time. I just checked the time on my server and i realized it wasn't synched with the time on the workstations. I corrected this and problem solved. Hope you understood what you need to do.

Thank you very much for the help guys. i'll surely go through all these settings and will reply back with the results. Hope any one of these works for me.

Here is the working solution for this error:
    • Check the DNS settings on both servers and clients, and correct any errors.
    • It is better to load on protocol, TCP/IP only.
    • If you have mixed network, setup WINS server or install NetBIOS over TCP/IP on W2K/XP instead of loading NetBEUI.
    • Also make sure that Domain Controllers register their DOMAIN<1C> NetBIOS names with the WINS Server.
    • The fix is to use hybrid node instead of p-node or m-node.
    • If the network is configured to use for NetBIOS name resolution but the client hasn't been set manually, it could be set through a DHCP release option 46.
    • Apply service pack.
    • Also make user that your computer accounts for your laptops are reset on your AD.