Thread: is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer

is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer

I am not able to open one website and if I click to diagnose the issue then I get "is not set up to establish a connection on port" and "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer" also comes up. I am able to open all other websites. If I am trying to ping the web address in Command Prompt then it will come back fine but still it will not open in Internet Explorer 7. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks

Re: is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer

Even I am facing this similar issue and was thinking if anyone has managed to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer

The problem that you are facing can occur because the file signatures for the core Windows Internet Explorer 7 files may be changed when the update is installed. If a third-party security program is installed on the computer, the security suite programs may not have the correct updates to recognize the updated IE files and may block Internet Explorer from accessing the Internet. To solve this issue, go to this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818/en-us