Thread: Wireless Zero Configuration still not fixed in SP1

Wireless Zero Configuration still not fixed in Vista SP1

I am using Windows Vista SP1. There is a problem with Wireless Zero Configuration in that. I play game on wifi. There is a solid wifi network at my home. When I tried to connect the connection is terminated and it start again after 60 seconds. Everytime when I launch games the game connection is terminated. It is like some kind of connection timeout settings causes the problem. I had tried to configure the same but still there is nothing I can do. I want some help to get a stable connection which really works and stay connected for longer time. It must not be interrupted everytime while playing.

The problem is not with the operating system. It is with the hardware I think. I will advice you to reconfigure your network back from scratch and ensure that the connectivity does not fail at all. Also a number of time due to wifi limitation this kind of issue appear. If you are having a weak wifi signal or low bandwidth and for gaming you need a high bandwidth then this kind of problem appears. You must try to update your drivers and then check once more. If possible try to post your wifi configuration details here. About the hardware you are using.

Are you on automatic settings. If your system is the only one in network then better put a static ip in your computer and then try to connect. I downloaded a software called as Vista Anti-Lag. This is a good software that can be used to avoid lagging issue on Vista network. The problem lies with IPv6 unbind. You must try to configure this properly and ensure that it does not fails to work. There are set of work around that you can try out to fix the issue. Also once just ensure that your internet is not breaking up.

If you are having router then it looks it is too far from your system and due to which your wifi is breaking. Try to put your system near to that. Second thing in ping your router and see that you are getting a constant reply or not. If there is any error like request time out or host unreachable then there is a problem with it. Also there are chances of high ping. I face a lot of lagging problem due to high ping. I was not able to understand the reason behind it. I changed the router and the network is bit stable. There is no issue rightnow.

I am following this problem from long time. My wifi faces a downtime in between and then it is reconnected. I think your and mine issue are one and the same. I am using a wifi pci card in my system. There is a router which is configured at the center of home. I updated the drivers but still the issue was same. After every 60 second there is a pause. The network breaks and then starts back again. I updated the drivers and then tested it back again. It started working properly. Till yet there is on issue at all.

RE: Wireless Zero Configuration still not fixed in SP1

Vista is just useless in network configuration. I cannot understand what this OS has a problem with. My network was working well. But as I upgraded to Vista everything was screwed up. There as no help at all. I am using a 64bit edition of Windows Vista. I tried Vista Anti-Lag and a WLAN optimizer software. But nothing worked out much in that. After every 60 seconds the connection drops. While when the router is connected through lan port it works really works. There is no failure at all.

You must never upgrade Windows Vista on Windows XP. The reason is driver incompatibility. It is one of the major failure that Vista faces after upgrade. Many users upgrade Vista over their old computer and due to that they are not able to get a proper working system. You must find Vista compatible drivers first and then ensure that it really works or not. It is easy to find drivers from the official manufacturer's web. I will recommend you to find the drivers first and then run the updates.

Try Windows Update once. I think that will help you to get some new updates. If there is a kind of hardware failure then there is nothing you can do. It becomes a lot more complicated to find a proper output on it. Another important reason behind failure is connection drop. If the system fails to collect a appropriate working IP then this type of problem appears instantly. It is due to automatic settings. You must put a valid static ip address and then test the same back. It will really help you in many ways.

I bought a old ethernet adapter. The model number is Belkin F5D7330. It is a wifi bridge. I got this on a very reasonable rate. Before when I try to play game it lags a lot. But after adding the bridge the connectivity is stable. I do not understand what changes it really did, but it has protected the network from facing such failure. It looks your system is going a bit out of range. You must add a bridge to extend your connectivity. There are number of decent products available on the web. You can order one and hook that on your network.

Does the connection is dropping. If yes then simply update your wifi settings and then see. You can find the same in network properties. That is the place where you need to add static IP address and then it works fine. I had changed form automatic settings to static and the lagging disappears. There is no failure at all nor there is any issue with the spikes. Somehow Vista has improper driver update issue due to which this kind of issue commonly appears.