Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Manage Wireless Networks Does Not Display Preference Order Properly

Windows Vista Network

Old 12-03-2008

Manage Wireless Networks Does Not Display Preference Order Properly

When I am trying to start my preferred wireless networks in the Manage Wireless Networks, by going into control panel, then the networks dont display in the set order. When I am trying to move a network up or down the list then the list display will not refresh to reflect this even though the move up and move down buttons do? For instance, I have 3 wireless network profiles and when I am trying to move the middle one up then the 'Move Up' button disappears as it should but the network remains in the middle of the list? Any ideas?

Old 12-03-2008

re: Manage Wireless Networks Does Not Display Preference Order Properly

Also, I should have mentioned that I am running Windows Vista with SErvice Pack 1 and wireless driver are fully updated to the latest one with all the hotfixes as well.
Old 21-06-2008

Even I have got the same problem but I cannot change the sequence to the networds at all. I have already tried the move-up/down buttons, also tried dragging, as well as the moe option on right click but to no avail. I am able to delete the networks but unable to move those? Can anyone also help me out please.
Old 10-07-2008

RE: Manage Wireless Networks Does Not Display Preference Order Properly

I had this same problem, but it went away when I re-enabled previews and filters in Explorer. (Control Panel > Folder Options > General tab > Show preview and filters.) Now the display order of the networks in Manage Wireless Networks again reflects their actual order of priority.

Last edited by xyglyx : 10-07-2008 at 05:36 AM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network