Thread: Is Net Send command removed from Windows Vista

Is Net Send command removed from Windows Vista

I am not able to use net send command on my cmd. I am not able to understand why it is not working. In comd when I type net send comp8 hi and hit enter I am not getting any respond. Is this thing removed from Vista. While in Windows XP it is working well. I am not able to run the command. There is some complication in using the same. I think some settings has disabled that and there will be some option to enable the same. What are the available options I can go. If possible also provide me information on some third party software that can offer me simple lan messaging capability.

Net Send is removed from Windows Vista. It is no longer available and due to which you are not getting respond. You can use some good lan messenger for that. I am sure it will help you. To get a simple lan messenger you can download many tools from web. I am sure there are chances that you get a simple tool for that. I had seen a number of tools that are simple lan messenger. You can try one thing. Go in services and look for lan messenger. It is not available then net send is not going to work.

There are many programs. You can get msn messenger for that. Also there are tools like Winpopup lan messenger or some basic java messenger. They are free on web. If you are using Microsoft Office 2007 then it has a internal workspace that offers you to create a internal network with messaging and file sharing option. You must try that and then check back. I am sure there is no way to download and install net send from web in Vista. But still you can test that and see whether it works or not.