Thread: Domain account locked out repeatedly

Domain account locked out repeatedly

Our Environment:
    Windows Server 2003 active directory domain
    ISA server with VPN
    Some windows vista client.
    One of my vista client is facing a weirs issue, his domain user account gets locked out repeatedly and i have to unlock it everytime he tries to connect to VPN. It seems as if he is trying to authenticate with wrong credentials and getting his account locked but he pretends he doesn't do that. I want to know what might be other possible reason of this issue???

This had happened with one of my windows vista client as well, this issue is specific to vista clients. None of my windows xp client have complained about the same thing. In my case the vista client had the same name as of the user and vista was trying to connect to server when he used to connect form his PC. Because of this scenario the AD was getting blocked as it was using the local account. You can fix this issue by renaming the local account or using a new local account. Just try doing that and let me know which of the suggested solution helps you out. In my case i had solved it by creating a new local account.

Dirkteur you were right, i was running in to same scenario and creating a new local account has fixed the issue in my case, thanks for your help.