Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games

Windows Vista Network

Old 24-02-2008

XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games

Iím trying to start a game server on my new Vista computer. I did the same but when try to find it on the LAN browser but nothing show up. As troubleshooting I tried disabling IPv6, LLTD, installing the LLTD patch on xp, turning off all firewalls, file sharing, etc.. but none of these worked.

When I create the same network on XP, vista is able to locate the server and connect properly. However I did all settings similar to vista, then why is it not working on Vista? Please help.

Old 24-02-2008

Re: XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games

Are you able to ping Vista computer by IP? Have you enabled the Sharing ?
Old 13-04-2008

Hey speck, just follow these steps:
  • Open the Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel on the Vista equipped machine
  • Click on the little blue letters "View Status" next to your LAN connection (my wireless connection for me)
  • Then click on the Properties button (not wireless properties or anything else, just properties)
  • Click continue on the little annoying pop-up vista window if any
  • Now look for the field under "this connection uses the following items" there with Client for Microsoft Networks/QoS Packet Scheduler etc. You should find many of those with little checkboxes next to them.
  • Now i'm not very sure if it's only ipV6 that you need to disable, so to make sure, do steps 1-5 with you XP equipped machine to check what they have in that field, and keep the checkboxes checked for only those items. Uncheck everything else. I uncheked Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) , and the two Link-Layer ones.
  • Try again to join your lan game it should work fine.
Old 13-04-2008

Thank you for your experience with us.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , , , ,