Thread: Unauthenticated Network in Windows Vista Network Sharing Center

Unauthenticated Network in Windows Vista Network Sharing Center

What to with Unauthenticated Network error message on Windows Vista. I am having a 8 pc network. It has a Windows SBS 2003. I am getting that error on a single computer only. The one on which I had upgraded to Windows Vista from XP. I cannot understand why it shows it as unauthenticated. There is a tiny yellow exclamation mark at the end of that network icon and it is not at all willing to go. I think I taken wrong decision by upgrading to Vista. Now there is no way to back. Just need help to get rid of this problem.

There is one thing you can do but for that you will need to reset your entire network. And after that only it is going to work well. You have to reconfigure the network and disable all the security application that are running in the Vista computer. You have to stop firewall and antivirus also. Or else it will not work well. Sometime if you are connected to a restricted network this kind of issue appear. On Windows XP we have a tab called as Network ID that register your computer on the server. But in Vista you will need to go in Network Sharing option and find the appropriate settings. Only there it is going to work well. Or else you will get confused with the problem you are facing.

The issue is due to IPv6. You have to disable that. You can simple go in the network properties and remove the tick from it and it will start working. The detailed process for that is as following. Go in Network Sharing Center and on the left side click on adapter settings. In that choose the lan adapter and right click on it. Choose Properties. There you can find iPv6. Remove the tick from that and then check again. I am sure you will be able to get rid of the problem that you are facing.

Run windows update and then check back. You can get relative fixes from there. It looks your system is not able to get on the authenticated network. There is a option in Network Sharing center through which you can connect your computer on the network. Look for Connect to a Network. Click on that and follow the wizard. It will ask you that whether you are on a home or public network. Just choose the appropriate settings and keep moving. You will be able to connect to the server. It will ask you appropriate login for authenticating your device properly.