Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want some help to boot over lan on Vista

Windows Vista Network

Old 19-02-2008

Want some help to boot over lan on Vista

I hope I am asking the question at the right place. I am trying to boot my laptop through lan. There is a Vista pc on the network. I am using the most common wifi standard so that it would be detected well. I had enabled boot from lan. But when I try to connect a machine it is not working. I was able to do that properly on Windows XP system. It looks I am failing somewhere in this part. I need some help here to boot from lan on Vista platform. Is there a requirement for some additional software.

Old 20-02-2008

You will need appropriate settings for that. And then only it is going to work well. You have to update the drivers and then check once again. I am sure the problem lies with driver update only. It is necessary that there must appropriate files on the lan that must allow to boot properly or else it will not work. Basically it entirely depends on the bios settings. Or else it is a kind of waste of time in configuring the same. There is a nice guide on web about lan boot. You can test that and find out how this entire process really works.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , ,