Thread: Vista - ICS error msg while connecting to Xbox 360

Vista - ICS error msg while connecting to Xbox 360

I need some help to configure internet connection sharing between Windows Vista and Xbox. I am not able to do that. Many said that just connecting and configuring a router things will be easy. But Vista is unable to share connection with Xbox. I am getting a error that connection failed. I am really annoyed with the setup that I had performed a number of time. It is not working very well. I had purchased a new router hoping to share connection through Vista laptop on Xbox. But when I to od that the error appear and the internet does not work. I am not able to figure out where the problem lies. Is it with the router or with the xbox. I hope there will be some option available that can help.

I am getting the same issue. I found a link on Microsoft site that tells to configure the connection manually. Means a number of time we put the connection on automatic configuration due to which sometime the devices fails to get a valid ip address and you get the error. It is necessary that you add manual ip configuration on the system and then check back. It will work fine. Sometime due to duplicate ip also this kind of issue appear. If you are trying to share connection directly from Vista then try to create a adhoc network. It will work and allow you to share the connection.

You had wasted your money on router. Just buy a simple patch cord and connect your router with xbox. Network sharing on lan cable is much more easier and easy. I had did the same and I a using it without any error. The second thing you have to check is to disable firewall and uac. Disable both and also turn of the security settings. Check back again and I hope it will work properly. I am sure there will be no issue with the configuration. Sometime the firewall causes the failure and cause this kind of problem.