Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Programs cannot connect to internet after program auto-update inVista Home

Windows Vista Network

Old 11-02-2008

Programs cannot connect to internet after program auto-update inVista Home

Something went wrong with utorrent, firefox, and AIM after performing auto-update. These 3 programs are not able to connect to the internet. There is nothing wrong with internet as i can access the internet via other programs. By now i have tried resetting tcp/ip settings but no luck. I have tried disabling my antivirus thinking that they might be interfering with these programs but i don't see any improvement. Is there anything i can do about these programs rather than uninstalling and reinstalling them???

Old 11-02-2008

Re: Programs cannot connect to internet after program auto-update in Vista Home

Just go to your antivirus Firewall and go through the exception list. If the application that you have mentioned above are unchecked then check them in Firewall Exceptions configuration. If that doesn't help then go through the system log and let me know if you see any suspicious error there. Errors in system log will help will give me a better idea of the issue you are going through.
Old 19-07-2008

I think i can help you out here. I was running in to same issue and i had checked out almost everything and had tried out all possible solution that i could have but i was just running out of luck. However, while looking after a fix for this issue in other forum one guy suggested me to disable the proxy server inside the LAN settings. I did that and utorrent and firefox were able to connect to internet after that. I haven't any issue since disabling proxy server inside the LAN settings. Just give it a try and let me know if that helps you out as well.
Old 03-10-2010

Re: Programs cannot connect to internet after program auto-update inVista Home

Quote:
I think i can help you out here. I was running in to same issue and i had checked out almost everything and had tried out all possible solution that i could have but i was just running out of luck. However, while looking after a fix for this issue in other forum one guy suggested me to disable the proxy server inside the LAN settings. I did that and utorrent and firefox were able to connect to internet after that. I haven't any issue since disabling proxy server inside the LAN settings. Just give it a try and let me know if that helps you out as well
I only registered to this forum to thank you for the solution. Great that you posted it.

Have nice day!
David from Copenhagen

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , , , ,