Thread: Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Domain

Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Domain

I was having a home wireless network which I upgraded to a new belkin wireless N router. After that I setup the WEP encryption and got all of my PCs seeing and using the router again. All the computers use USB adapters to connect to the router and I am easily able to connect and put in the WEP encryption key to use. But when I am connecting my Vista laptop, then it will see the network fine, but if I am trying to connect then it wants a username, password and logon domain? I remember that I have not setup any sort of username and password for the router that I am using, just the WEP key? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Domain

You need to be very specific for what you are trying to connect to. I think that connection to the router, lets says, is only for the purpose of configuring the router, every router has username and password, you can find the same information in the router's manual.

Re: Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Do

You should also try to reset the router settings that you have setup and also WEP is not a very secure pratice. Are you able to use WPA because it is the more upto date secured feature and also very safer. You might also have to connect the computer that you are using to the router using the cable to do this.

Re: Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Domain

You can try to manually create the connection in your Vista system, which might be the only working way to get around this problem. There should be something that you can edit in the policies on the computer that could help you. If you want to create it manually, then just go to your network sharing center and click on create a network connection on the left hand panel. This will help you out.