Thread: Multiple network displayed in Vista, and Internet is not working

Multiple network displayed in Vista, and Internet is not working

There is a weird issue with my xp system. I am having around 7 pc on the network. I had moved my old windows xp computer to office and connected it for guest use. On lan it is detected but it is unable to get internet access. It is not working at all. I tried to configure manually but still there is nothing I can do. No Internet connectivity message appears sometime. I am not having the driver disc of my board and I am a bit worried about the same. What are the option that are available to deal with the issue. Thanks.

Try ipconfig /all. I think you would be able to see the list of configuration in that. You must try to re-install the network adapter and then check back again. When you uninstall the network adapter upon reboot you can re-install the same. It will be added automatically with whatever drivers needed. There is no need to look for fresh drivers update. One you are connected and if there is a common internet connection then you would be able to get the access. If still you are not getting the same it is recommended that you must add a static ip to the pc and then check back.

Yes it is the issue with connectivity. I had faced the same kind of problem. My Vista system looses internet connection from sleep mode. There is no way I was able to find a constant connectivity. It was very common and it was really very annoying. I had added manual ipconfiguration to 4 network in my pc and it started working. There is no issue rightnow. Things are working really very fine. You must put a router in between if you are putting your system on automatic configuration. That is one of the best way to deal with the problem.

There can be issue with the network adapter. Just check that your system is visible on the network or not. If there is some internal settings in the modem then due to that also you are not getting internet access. A number of time you just need to put the system on the lan and the connection is activated. There is no problem at all. You will need help of some network guy that can really help you in dealing with the issue. It is also not at all complicated to find a working solution. I had faced the issue on a old xp pc on which I have to add a pci lan card. The problem was then resolved.

Hook a pci lan card. There is a problem with your network adapter due to which you are getting the issue. There is one more thing you can do. You can try to re-install your network adapter and then check the same back. I am sure after re-installation it is going to work well. Go in Device Manager and then right click on the network adapter listed. Choose uninstall. Restart your system and Windows will install it on its own. It is one of the best way to deal with problem.

I am facing problem with tablet routing in my network. I am not able to work on the same. There are multiple network available on the lan connection. Some of them offers a full file sharing while some of them are limited. I am looking for some by which I can manage different lan on the single system. I think there is a major issue with nic power management. Or even IPv6 is also responsible for the same. Adding a pci lan card is not going to do much. There are complication involved in the same.

re: Multiple network displayed in Vista, and Internet is not working

I was having trouble with the wifi connectivity. I am not aware why this thing keeps on appearing. I am trying to configure xbox on my laptop. The connection is established but somehow the management fails. I am trying to disable the same and still it is causing the trouble. Later on I notice that this kind of problem basically appear due to IP conflict in the system. There is no way you can fix the same. I had tried to run the command ipconfig /all but still the problem lies intact. I hope there is some way which can make this thing work properly.

If there is any IP conflict then you will get a error on your screen. And even if there is a duplicate IP problem then also you will get a error in Windows. If there is no error at all then the problem is different. There can be a kind of hardware failure. Somehow it is not at all complicated to find a proper solution. If you had not gone through the post which are mentioned above then I repeat the same solution here. Try to configure manual IP addresses and check back. I am sure you are going to get a proper solution that will resolve the issue.

Define the access point and done. There will not be issue. You can manually put the access point where you need. It is not complicated but offers a simple way of dealing with the issue. In Windows Vista wifi is one that is causing major failure and there is no way you can deal with the same. Wifi connection drops a ton time in my system. I had updated drivers and performed windows update. But still this does not work. Later on I found that the major failure lies with Windows Vista only. It is a buggy OS.

If your system gets any of that error then it simply means that there is no proper network access. It is recommended that you must try to reconfigure the same. Autoconfiguration of IP address fails to work a number of time. There must be a preferred settings which is needed to work properly or else the internet connection will be still failure. The auto configuration settings is enabled by DHCP through the router. That is the reason you must router on the network.