| || |
Join Date: Sep 2004
This fixed my XP and Vista Networking problems.
Hello friends, I came to share a small tip for people facing problem with Xp and Vista file sharing. I had this problem last week with my XP desktop and Vista laptop. Though both systems were connect on the same network, they were not able to see each other in my Network places and hence were not able to access or share files/folders. After lost of research, finally I found the way to fix it and enable file sharing successfully. Here is what I did:
- Start by launching Networking and Sharing Center
- Under Tasks on the left side of the window click on manage network connections..
- Right click on any of your active connections.
- In the list of services, clients and protocols there is something called Trend Micro Common Firewall Driver. Click on this and choose Uninstall.
- Once you have uninstalled the Trend Micro Common Firewall Driver restart your machine.
- You should now be able to see your other computers on the network no matter if they are XP or Vista.
Thatís it. If you have the same situation, this will help you.