Thread: WPA2 Enterprise authentication not working

WPA2 Enterprise authentication not working

I am facing problem with WPA2 authentication. I am using the same for personal usage only. I am having a Dell laptop with me. The model number is Inspiiron 1505. There is a integrated wifi on the same. Somehow the network simply stuck on the authentication. There is no way I can make this thing work. Each time I am getting a authentication popup on the screen. I had added the user name and password but still the the dialog box appear back again. It is not taking the username and password and I think I am having the right one.

Go to the router and add a low level password and check back again. To check whether the router is working fine or not you can try creating a public network first and then test it. If the wifi is working then there is no problem with the router. If your connection still fails then the problem lies with the router and you will need to replace that. Second thing when you are adding a password ensure that you had kept that written somewhere. A number of time typo errors are the cause of issue.

You are not just typing the password properly or there is some mistake in the router login. You can modify by typing 10.1.1.1 in the web browser. Change the password and then test back. It is a good idea to put it on the public network first and verify that it is working or not. Because in case if the router wifi is faulty you will keep on getting the error. There is one more way to test the same login. Connect your pc with the router through Ethernet cable and then test back. I am sure it will work without any problem. You can reconfigure the router back from scratch and add all the settings which are needed.

A number of time problem lies with the laptop wifi. I had seen some models which are faulty but Dell gives a proper replacement for that. If the wifi is working through cable connectivity then you must carry the laptop to a Dell service center. There you will get the replacement and it is surely going to work well. You can try to rename the router and put a new password and then check back. There are different modes of password settings that you can apply and test out. That is going to help you fixing the issue.