Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Additional Logon Information Required error on Windows XP

Windows Vista Network

Old 21-01-2008

Additional Logon Information Required error on Windows XP

I am not able to connect to my home wifi network. I am having common wifi setup at our building which is shared by all. In windows xp the same network was working fine. Later on I upgraded that to Vista to boost the performance. But after when Vista setup was over when I try to connect to the wifi network I got a error on the screen. It says additional logon information required. What additional information it is asking for. I need some help here to get the right settings. I am having my ip address and other dns information. Will that help.

Old 11-02-2008

It looks that you are trying to connect to wrong access point due to which you are getting that error. Is there multiple wifi network in your building. Just once. The SSID is not verified on the account that you are trying to connect. It will be a annoying situation. You can contact the person who is offering you internet setup and he will provide you a valid connectivity options. Just ensure that you got the right login details and then only it is going to work well.
Old 27-01-2009

Is there a router at your home or you had directly connecting to a wifi network. It is always better to add a router. Sometime there is a issue with dhcp to offer you a proper login id. That fails to work well. For that reason I had bought a linksys router at my home which offers a automatic ip configuration and there is no issue with the connectivity. Try this. Go to the network and sharing center and then click on Manager wifi network. There try to add up a new connection again and this time click on manual configuration. I am sure it will help you. Add the ip details and other stuff and then check back.
Old 01-08-2010

re: Additional Logon Information Required error on Windows XP

shithappens 016 you rock.....Thanks for the help!
Old 17-03-2011

"3) Remove the entry of the network you are trying to connect to"

I kept reentering the WEP key without success. I then reread...Remove the entry of the network you are trying to connect to, did as stated followed by 4, 5, 6. All is well now. Thanks for posting this.
Old 26-08-2011

This was a great thread of advice. In my case an Edimax wireless repeater.

Using the Manual adding procedure for the network solved a days worth of grief and frustration.

Thank you so much!
Old 07-10-2011

Try de-activating the WPS Option in the Wireless security parameters of your router. That options allows the devices to automatically connect to your router with the touch of a button.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , ,