Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to connect hidden file shares

Windows Vista Network

Old 20-01-2008

Unable to connect hidden file shares

Hi!

We have a fileserver with a lot of file-shares.
One of the end with a $-sign. When i map a drive from Vista Business to \\server\share$ i get "Access is denied".
But if i map a drive to \\server\share$\directory it works fine.
And it's not a problem with my user. When i run the same thing on a XP-machine it works fine.

Anyone have a idea?

Regards
Paul

Old 20-01-2008

Re: Unable to connect hidden file shares

Hello kampmalm, you need to login as an Administrator in order to access the administrative sharing in Vista. If this is a domain network, the domain user who is a member of the Vista local Administrators group should be able to access administrative share.
Old 20-01-2008

Thank you for your answer!

But, the server is not Vista. It's Windows Server 2003. It's just the client that is using Vista.

And the share is not administrative share, but a lot of normal AD users have access to these shares.

Anyone have any idea? Or is this a very odd way of using hidden shares?

Regards
Paul

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , ,