Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

i can't connect to my secure router wirelessly

Windows Vista Network

Old 16-01-2008

i can't connect to my secure router wirelessly

I recently bought a new HP laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home 32bit. At home, I have setup Wireless network with Linksys router which is already used by 2 Win XP based laptops without any issue. Now the problem am here is my brand new vista laptop cannot connect to this home network. It can see my router in available networks but when I try connecting, it says “Failed due to unknown reason.”

It is sure that there is no problem with my Wireless network because already two PCs running with the same. So is there any problem with Vista? How can we fix it?

Old 16-01-2008

Re: i can't connect to my secure router wirelessly

Nope, I don’t Vista has any problem because me too have Two Vista running systems and they can connect with old Linksys router without any errors. When you try connecting it for the first time, just ensure that you have SID broadcasting enabled. If still you face any problem then probably its router itself which has incompatible firmware for Vista. Hence try updating the router firmware to very latest version and see if it works.
Old 17-01-2008

Re: i can't connect to my secure router wirelessly

You need to install the latest firmware first on your router and unbind IPv6 from the wireless NIC. If still you face any problem better try getting a new IPv6 enabled router.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Tags: , , ,