Thread: problems with media servers on playstation 3 using windows vista

problems with media servers on playstation 3 using windows vista

Earlier my setup was Windows XP and a PS3 connected with Wireless Home Network via lnksys router. Everything was working fine, I was able to access Win XP Media server from my PS3. Two days ago I replaced XP with brand new Windows Vista desktop and lnksys router with new netgear.

I did all settings again like it was before. Enabled Media Server on Vista. Hard wired my ps3 into my router directly but still I’m not able to access my Vista Media Server due to some unknown reason. Internet is working fine on my PS3, I can access playstation store, I can access Internet but cannot access vista media sharing.

I talked with Sony, called my ISP to check if network connection is proper, called up technician to fix the problem, but none of them were able to help me. Can anyone from here let me know what am I missing? Many thanks.

Re: problems with media servers on playstation 3 using windows vista

Once I had this problem on my Vista. In my case it was Zune Software which was easily accessible on my Xbox 360 but my PS3 was not able to find it. The reason I think because Zune , Vista and Xbox are Microsoft products whereas PS3 is third party. So, if we talk about your case, as Vista media Server is Microsoft’s and PS3 is Sony, I think it is very similar to mine, isn’t it. You should try contacting with Microsoft and see what they say regarding this.

I don’t agree with your Maratha because I have a Dell Laptop running with Windows Vista and is connected via Netgear Wireless router to Playstation 3, guess what, I’m able to stream media from my laptop to PS3 without any problems. Possible you might be missing some settings. Re-check it again.

Hey guys, you have to set your firewall to let the ps3 through. try doing this, hope it will help.