Thread: Vista wireless internet connection

Vista wireless internet connection

I am using Comcast Wireless internet via hardware with my Vista desktop. I also have windows XP computer connected to same router. The problem is from last two days thought my Vista is able to see the network, it is not able to get online. In Network sharing center it says “Limited Connectivity”.

There is no problem from Comcast end because my XP computer is still getting internet connectivity and all sites working good. So can anyone please tell me what has went wrong with Vista automatically? Thank you for all your helps.

Re: Vista wireless internet connection

Did you recently installed and Windows update? It might have installed something that changed the settings and this problem occurred. You can fix it by checking the list of recently installed updates and remove the one you think can create issue.

Secondly, go to wireless connection settings, change security type from "no authentication (open)" to WPA personal and the encryption type from WEP to AES. Enter your network security key. Let windows recognize the changes (it will give you some error). Now go back again to settings and change it to earlier state. Again windows will check for changes and it will say problem fixed. Your internet will start working.

Re: Vista wireless internet connection

I think that this experience just underlies the apparent weaknesses in Microsoft's implementation of wireless networking support in Vista.