Thread: The page failed to load in Vista Network

The page failed to load in Vista Network

I am facing issue with internet on Vista. When I open any website after a few minutes of browsing I am getting page fail to load error in the browser. While on the network sharing center the lan looks to be detected. There is no error with the connectivity. I am really annoyed with the network settings in Vista. I had tried to find a number of different ways to fix the problem but somehow it is not working. I tried to reset all the settings but still the problem is constant. After few minutes the system went back to normal. Is this a virus problem.

It looks your network is breaking in between. Try to create a ping report of any website. The problem can be due to lan connectivity. Sometime the ethernet cable used is not proper or you will need to re-crimp it again to fix the problem. You can get another working ethernet connection and then check back the same. I got the issue on by Dell XPS system. Later on I added a new cable and the problem was solved. There was no issue with the connectivity. You can also try to run a fresh driver update and then ensure that the lan is working well.

It looks some kind of issue with the drivers update. You will need to do that through device manager. Just right click on the lan adapter and choose uninstall. Then reboot your system and install it back again. You can find the appropriate drivers for that from the official website of laptop and update that. You can also perform a windows update to get a vaild fix for the same. The next thing you can do is run sfc /scannow in cmd and try to find out the problem with system files. It will scan and replace the current files. It is one of the best way to deal with the issue.

re: The page failed to load in Vista Network

anyone find the silver bullet to this issue? I've tried all of the proposed remedies but I can't get this problem fixed. Do I need to buy a new WLAN card or reload Vista? I'm on a Dell M1330 with Vista Home Premium and I know my wireless LAN is up because my wife's laptop is not haveing issues connecting at all and all systems are fine on her laptop to include the network center and she is running the Vista Home Premium as well. HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by pnsballard View Post
    anyone find the silver bullet to this issue? I've tried all of the proposed remedies but I can't get this problem fixed. Do I need to buy a new WLAN card or reload Vista? I'm on a Dell M1330 with Vista Home Premium and I know my wireless LAN is up because my wife's laptop is not haveing issues connecting at all and all systems are fine on her laptop to include the network center and she is running the Vista Home Premium as well. HELP!!
    Try the below method and check whether it solves your issue or not:
    1. First you need to uncheck IPv6 from all your connections , wireless and wired .
    2. After that, double click on your intel pro wireless card in device manager and uncheck the option says " allow windows to turn off this device to save power ".
    3. Next, from power options in control panel , from your power plan choose change advance settings , and scroll to Wireless and make sure it's set to "maximum performance " in both battery and adapter .
    4. Then, download and install the latest driver available on DELL website for the intel wireless for your model .
    5. Afterwards open internet explorer and from "tools" choose " windows update " and make sure you have your vista updated to the latest updates available .
    6. In the end, try to set your router at home to not use DHCP , and use static ips in your notebook .

Got IPv6 unchecked from broadband connection but can't open the wireless connection to do the same there.

I have been putting off Vista updates for a bit because one of them really messes up my laptop but I dont know which one. I'm trying on your advice but I may need to restore if it does this time.

Why not use DHCP?

Could it be that my WLAN card has gone bad? As well?

It is good that you are following the advices that was given above in addition to the things that were mentioned above please make a quick check for the part of the update that is making the mess in your case. You will really need to have the updates installed so that the issue can be overcome. Well if something goes wrong then you can have the System Restored as you have mentioned. I do not think that you need to have the DHCP enabled since it is used when you are trying to manage the large network and that is the reason why JAMES might have asked you to select this option. Regarding the WLAN card; it will be nice if you can have a check on it as well. The issue that you are having can be because of that as well. You must have come up with the same in your first post. Follow the rest of the instructions and see if the issue gets solved.

Tried all the above. Still have the same issue.