Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DHCP Client service does not start because of dependency failure

Windows Vista Network

Old 02-11-2007

DHCP Client service does not start because of dependency failure

I have purchsed a Dell laptop and I cannot get connected to networks both with the wireless card and NIC. I don think that the router is the problem since other desktop with wired connection and laptop with wireless connection are able to connect to the router without any issues? The issue seems to be because the laptop NIC is not able to get an IP address assigned by DHCP server. So, is there anyone who can help me out? Thanks

Old 13-05-2008

I have now solved the problem, if anyone wants to test AFD is loading properly then first start CMD as an admin and then type net start AFD. At that time the AFD driver was not loading. So, I hade to use the sfc /scannow to repair the corrupted driver and once it got repaired then I started the DHCP Client service without any problems and I was able to get DHCP to assign IPs as well.
Old 27-11-2010

Re: DHCP Client service does not start because of dependency failure

Ok, so i did this,"net start AFD" andgot "The specified driver is invalid." so my afd driver is gone? i don't know what to do thi is a used labtop and i dont have disk and system restore wont fix the problem. what do i do now?....working on wireless network...not working "limied or no connectivity" using my desktop to get online.
Old 27-11-2010

Re: DHCP Client service does not start because of dependency failure

If you don't have the CD for your Laptop driver then you should try on the Manufacturer site and download the complete driver for your system. Also if you are looking for the AFD driver then i will advise you to go with the below given link where you can get the complete information about the AFD and download for same. So if you can then go through the link and get it working.

AFD Driver
Old 27-11-2010

cool but the problem is I cannot get online with my labtop because this driver will not work, thus I cannot get to that site to get the driver, my computer is used and is a tc4200, no cd Drive. =/

also wanted to add that my OS is
Windows XP tablet pc edition 2005 (Version 2002)

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Network